Power of Personal Practice (PPP):
PPP is a series of workshops designed for both
youth and adults. PPP focuses on dialogic, aesthetic, and somatic processes which
heighten awareness of Self and Others. PPP explores the realms of global
citizenry, conscious leadership, conflict transformation, community healing,
stewardship, and positive peacebuilding. PPP focuses on self-actualization,
creative genius, empathy, and cultivating daily mindfulness practices through
yoga, dance and art. Power of Personal Practice is an inspiring and interactive
workshop. Attendees will engage in simple and mindful movement, meditation,
vision work, aesthetic exercises, journaling and Council. Upon completion of
workshop attendees will be able to identify and express personal narratives,
demonstrate a heightened command of personal power, and implement creative,
solution-oriented projects which encourage self and collective efficacy through
compassion and activism.
Collaborative Workshop Models:
- Painting from Emotion: painting emotions, experiences, memories, dreams, and developing expressive symbols on paper and canvas
- Life, Perspective Experimentation and Abstract Drawing:
still life, copying photographs, and drawing from imagination with
graphite, pen and ink, charcoal, oil and chalk pastels on paper
- Collage, Textiles, and Mobiles:
transfer techniques using cut-outs from magazines, photos, sketches,
textiles, and 3-D objects on wood board; mobiles will be made with found
natural treasures and other materials
- Mixed Media Approach: an expressive, adventurous mixture of materials from all workshops
- Murals: designing and painting indoor or outdoor murals free hand from sketches or using grid system
- Autoethnographic Research Project: Power of Personal Practice: Being the change we want to see in the world
Creativity collaborative models are facilitated workshops with a focus
on inspiring motivation and developing authentic forms of expression
through custom designing studios, discourses and methodologies for
individuals or groups.
Workshops may also incorporate yoga, meditation, journal writing, musical expression, and dance.
Prices and references available upon request.